Complete denture from Impossible to achievable & essential
Dental implant has revolutionized dentistry. There are times when implants may not be the most appropriate option for the management of the fully edentulous jaw.
To achieve successful outcome of removable Prosthodontic rehabilitation, there are 3 key elements: thorough assessment of the patient and the jaw, meticulous execution of the clinical procedures, and effective communication with the technician.
This course is designed with a step-by-step approach in removable complete denture construction: identification of anatomical landmarks, impression recording with different materials and techniques, jaw relationship registration using Gothic arch tracing, neutral zone concept of teeth setting, design of appropriate occlusal scheme, to techniques in evaluation of the final result will be addressed.
Upon completion of the 2 days lecture with hands-on and live demonstrations, the participants would be able to:
- Conduct patient assessment and examination of the edentulous ridge with reference to essential anatomical landmarks
- Gain 1st hand experience in impression taking, tray selection and jaw relationship record
- Understand the concept of Gothic arch tracing
- Appreciate different occlusal schemes in complete denture construction
- Expand the scope of 3D printing in denture duplication
- Understand the innovative technique in obtaining optimum retention in lower edentulous ridge
-Lecture on patient assessment and revision of essential anatomical landmarks
-Live patient demonstration on assessment, examination and primary impression taking
-Hands on 1: primary impression taking, outline of custom tray
-Lecture on different impression materials
-Live patient demonstration on working impression taking
-Hands on 2: working impression taking, handling of different impression materials
-Lecture on jaw relationship, different occlusal schemes, and Gothic arch tracing
-Live patient demonstration on jaw record, assessment of occlusal vertical dimension and selection of teeth
-Hands on – jaw relationship taking
-Live patient demonstration on aesthetic try in of dentures
-Lecture on copy denture technique and some difficult cases to gain optimum retention
9:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Register now